Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Uh oh

OK, now I'm officially worried about the economy.


Actually, I just read that article again, and I retract my original statement. I'm not sure that I am worried after all. Well, at least I'm not any more worried than I was before reading the article anyway. I think we're in an interesting time right now for businesses. If you're a business owner at this point, big or small, and you have some products that have been underperforming, or employees that you're not too fond of, it's the easiest thing in the world to just up and cut your losses right now. All you have to do is blame it on "the economy" and you're done. People might not be happy with you, but it's acceptable right now since everyone else is doing it.

Of course, this is not to say that the economy actually isn't swirling down the proverbial crapper right now, because it really is. It seems like most of my friends and family have either lost a job lately or at least worried about losing their job. I personally feel relatively secure about my job (knock on wood), but it is dependent on state revenue, which if you've been paying attention to states like California and such is not necessarily doing that great either.
So here's hoping the the economic stimulus actually manages to stimulate something other than controversy, although I'm not holding my breath for it. I'm looking forward to my $13 a week, don't get me wrong. Maybe we can get a pizza or something with it on Friday nights...

2 comments:

  1. hmm yeah the economy sucks, not a good time for college grads ha, glad I have a job now hope it's stable

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has inspired me to blame the economy on my lack of blogging :)

    ReplyDelete