Thursday, February 26, 2009

Brain Lint

Yeah, weird name for a post maybe, but I just wanted to share a couple of weird made up things that are on my mind.  Cleaning out the ol' mental lint trap you know.

Exhibit A -  Fuffle.  What is a fuffle you ask?  Well, my daughter was playing a video game the other day that had someone named Curfuffle, and she asked what a curfuffle was.  Much to her delight, I told her that when you fart into a pillow, that's a curfuffle.  Since then, I've decided that curfuffle is too long, so I shortened it simply to "fuffle".  So there you go.  I have finally coined my own word.  My mother is weeping with pride.  Let's get it into Webster's. 

Exhibit B - Shooting the crease.  You know when you're eating some snack bag of chips, crackers, or cookies or something, and you're always left with crumbs and powder in the bottom?  Well how do you get to that stuff?  There's always the "lick finger, stick in crumbs, repeat" method.  That's all well and good, but if you're a real man (like me), you shoot the crease.  That's right, hold the bag up, hang on to the bottom corner, snap that baby tight, and tilt up, allowing the various salty/sugary crumbs to flow directly down the old gullet.  That's shootin' the crease my friends.  

I can't really claim this one unfortunately.  A coworker of mine got this term from a buddy of his, but I haven't seen it anywhere else, and I love it so I had to share.  It's taken off like wildfire at my workplace.  It's gotten to the point where people announce that they're about to shoot the crease, and we all pump it up like it's some big deal because we're huge nerds.  Of course I upped the ante by shooting the crease on a bag of sour patch kids.  That's a lot of sour powder my friends.  I wouldn't really recommend it, but it upped my guy cred for the day anyway.

What about you guys?  Got any made up words or phrases you'd like to share?  I promise not to steal them...

~Duck

7 comments:

  1. I didn't make it up, but my newest vocabulary acquisition is "frenemy." I am probably way behind the curve on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I've made a few up, but I'm not awake enough yet to remember them. It's nice to learn something new on your first visit to a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not creative enough to create my own words. I do like shoot the crease and fluffle though. I will use them, but give you credit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am creative enough to see the Loch Ness Monster those clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We say suesipid... stupid and insipid. Not as creative as these, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suesipid makes me think of someone named Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pretty much just rip everything you say off and take the credit. I am now going to change my facebook status to fuffle.

    ReplyDelete