Friday, February 20, 2009

Sweet, Sweet Brandi Carlile

Ladies and gentlemen, I humbly submit the beautiful person pictured above for your appreciation.  That happens to be Brandi Carlile, and she's well worth your time if you enjoy listening to excellent songwriters performing excellent songs with excellent voices, excellently.  Someone please get me a thesaurus...

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I think she's swell and you should listen to her.  She generally gets lumped into the country music category, and her voice is reminiscent of Patsy Cline and/or K.D. Lang, but she's better than country if you get my meaning.  I know plenty of people out there enjoy country music, but I don't really count myself as one of them.  If I had to try to stuff her music into some kind of labelled box I suppose it would have "folk music" scribbled haphazardly on the side, but generally I try not to discriminate that way.  Of course that box would be placed in another huge box or perhaps a room or storage unit of some sort that had a sign hanging on it that reads "Music that I like", and that's all I would care about.  

Here, have a watch/listen and judge for yourself:





Hmm, for some reason they disabled embedding for this last one, but here's a link to her covering Radiohead's "Creep":  Click me, click me!

So Mrs. Duck and I are heading over to Louisville this weekend to check her out in person for the first time, and we are quite excited.  See you on Monday!  Take care of yourselves...

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of her but she sounds good. I'll keep an eye out for her in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a minute you're going all the way to Louisville from WV? Boy I am starting to think you're stalking me, first Indiana, now KY hmm interesting! haha

    I have never heard of her, but i dug the videos you posted.

    I pimped you out on my blog the least you could do is comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phats... your comment leads me to think that no one really knows where the heck WVa is lol.

    The doorman asked me how the weather in Charleston was... I was like um, WV is only 3 hours away, it is pretty much the same weather you have here lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she pretty much rocks. Love the radiohead one. fortunately i had my whisper 2000 gear on since it was only audible to dogs

    ReplyDelete